Low Carb & Delicious Easter Recipes
Apr 16, 2019
Easter is one of my favorite holidays! The reason for the holiday is amazing, it's springtime so the weather is gorgeous, it's a great reason to get together with family and friends and of course the food is amazing!
For years we have ordered our ham from Honey Baked Ham or Whole Foods because our kids love it but we always do our own sides and desserts so today I thought I would share some of the ones we will be making this coming weekend. If you are hosting Easter dinner or you have to bring something to a party hopefully one or two of them will look good to you!
Delicious Deviled Eggs With Bacon
Deviled eggs with bacon are in my opinion, amazing! If bacon isn't your thing- no big deal- ditch it! They are still so good and great for parties!!
- 6 large eggs
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup good mayo ( I love primal kitchen or mayo made with avocado oil)
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
1- Hard boil the eggs.
2- Cook up the bacon and chop.
3- Cut the eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a bowl. Add the mayo, mustard, garlic powder, two thirds of the bacon and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
4- For the filling, spoon the egg yolk mixture into a small ziplock bag. Seal and cut off one corner of the bag. Gently squeeze the bag to pipe the yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
5- Top the filled halves with the rest of the chopped bacon, cheese and green onions.
- They can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days!
Spring Asparagas Salad
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes; cover and keep warm.
Place vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and paprika in a blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Toss with asparagus mixture. Top with almonds and, if desired, cheese.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Broccoli Slaw With Lemon Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 large red apples, juliennned
- In a large bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients. Add coleslaw mix and apples; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Herb & Garlic Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound baby or medium carrots (approximately 2 bunches), rinsed, scrubbed and tops trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place carrots onto the baking sheet and add olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the carrots in a single layer and place baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake until tender, about 35-40 minutes (or longer if you are using larger carrots).
Cauliflower Creamed Spinach
- 7oz • baby spinach
- 1 • small cauliflower head ( 12 oz), cut into florets
- 1 • small diced onion
- 1 • minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup • shredded mozzarella - plus a little more for on top
- 2 tbsp • heavy cream
- 1 tbsp • butter- for the cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- to taste • salt and pepper
- Turn on the broiler.
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Once it starts to boil, add the cauliflower florets and boil for 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower boils, caramelize the onion in a little bit of butter and oil [butter for flavor, oil to keep it from burning] until soft and and then add the spinach, nutmeg and cloves and cook until wilted.
- When the cauliflower is cooked, use a slotted spoon to scoop the florets into a food processor. Blitz the cauliflower until smooth with the cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now mix the cauliflower, spinach/onion and cheese together, adjust seasoning if needed, and scoop into a cast iron pan or small baking dish.
- Slide under the broiler until the cheese is golden brown.
Healthy & DELICIOUS Carrot Cake
This isn't your everyday carrot cake recipe- it's "healthified" in such a good way! AND it’s gluten free & paleo friendly! Yep! It's sweetened with maple syrup and the mix-ins of nuts and raisins make it one of my favorite cake recipes ever!
- 2 cups packed super fine blanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour (do not pack)
- ½ cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 3 cups shredded carrots (medium grate)
- Optional mix-ins:
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- For the frosting:
- ½ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)
- For the topping:
- Extra pecans and shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of three 6-inch round cake pans or two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper rounds. Spray parchment paper and sides of pan with nonstick cooking spray. ( USE PARCHMENT PAPER or the cake is likely to stick. Do not forget this step- i did the first time I made it and was super bummed. )
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, unsweetened shredded coconut, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pure maple syrup, tahini, almond milk, vanilla extract until smooth. Slowly whisk in the melted and cooled coconut oil until it’s well incorporated, the stir in the carrots. Note: It is important that your eggs are at room temperature otherwise the coconut oil with coagulate. The coconut oil should be melted but not HOT, but rather closer to room temp.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Stir in raisins and nuts, if using.
- Divide batter evenly between pans and spread out with a spatula to smooth the tops. Bake for 22-32 minutes in the two 8-inch pans and 30-40 minutes for three 6-inch pans.
- Cakes are done when a tester comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting or removing from the pans. The cake should be room temperature when you frost it. This is very important. Cakes can be made a day ahead if you’d like.
- Make your frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the softened butter and cream cheese and whip on high until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk and beat for 2-3 minutes more.
- Now it’s time to frost the cake: place about 1 tablespoon down onto onto the cake stand and spread out. Invert cake onto the cake stand, add about ½ heaping cup frosting between each layer, repeat with each cake, then frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. Decorate cake with pecans and shredded coconut on top. Once you are done frosting, place the cake to the fridge. Cake will stay good for 5-7 days in the fridge, and should be covered to ensure freshness. Serves 16.
I hope you enjoy this special Easter time with your loved ones!
Let’s stay connected!
Email ➜ [email protected]
What are ketones & ketosis? https://mollyrichards.experienceketo.com
Order Pure Therapeutic Ketones ➜ https://mollyrichards.pruvitnow.com/products/ketoos-nat/
Sample Ketone Packs ➜ https://tinyurl.com/sampleketones
Instagram ➜ https://www.instagram.com/mollytrichards/
Facebook ➜ https://www.facebook.com/mollytrichards
Join My Keto Community Facebook Group ➜ https://bit.ly/2UcjeTo
Keto Girl Blog: https://www.ketogirl.com/blog
SUBSCRIBE to my You Tube channel by clicking here ➞ ➞ YouTube will then let ya know when new videos are up: https://www.youtube.com/user/MollyRichardsFit