Are you in need of new recipes for dinner? I know all of us have been cooking way more than normal and it's always nice to try something, not just new, but healthy AND low carb! Woohoo! Spaghetti squash is an awesome carb replacement! We don't miss regular pasta at all! I often go to this recipe on "meatless Mondays".
It's delicious, super easy, and a Richards' family favorite! I hope you will enjoy it as well!
2 medium spaghetti squashes
2 ounces cream cheese
1 T olive oil
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup shredded, whole milk mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 T fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Move rack to the middle of the oven.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
In a large bowl place the cream cheese and let it sit at room temperature while the oven preheats.
2. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. ( to soften the squash for cutting, poke a couple of holes in it and microwave for a couple of minutes) Brush the sides of the squash with 1 T olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet. Roast for about 40 minutes, until the squash is soft when you poke it with a fork or knife and the skin is browned.
3. To the bowl of the softened cream cheese add: 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, 2 T chopped parsley, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Stir to combine.
4. When the squash is done baking, remove it from the oven. (It will be hot so be careful when you handle it.) Flip it over and using a fork, shred the inside of each half leaving about 1/2 inch of unshredded squash left in the shell. Transfer the shredded squash to the cream cheese mixture and gently stir to combine. Divide the filling evenly between the squash halves. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese on top.
5. Bake approx. 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted then turn the oven to broil and broil until bubbly- no more than 2 minutes. Serve hot. Enjoy!